One of the more popular weight loss methods today is peptide therapy. This safe and effective treatment significantly boosts those concerned with losing weight, but that’s not all it is good for. Although weight loss is a common use of peptide therapy, the protocol can also improve fitness levels and have a profound effect on your anti-aging efforts while improving your overall health and quality of life. Here’s everything you need to know if you are considering peptide therapy for weight loss.
What Are Peptides?
Peptides are a version of proteins, albeit smaller. Peptides often go by the name of shorter-chain amino acids because they become more accessible for the body to absorb and put to good use when they break down. Peptides, which tell the body to act in a specific way, can be obtained from different sources, including foods and supplements. Each type of peptide has a particular benefit. For example, collagen peptides have skin and anti-aging benefits, whereas creatine peptides are used to help build muscle mass, and other peptides impact weight loss, libido, and memory.
Some of the more significant improvements that are typically seen with peptide therapy include the following:
- Cellular regrowth
- Increased energy
- Enhanced physical performance
- Increased bone and cartilage health
- Repairs soft tissue
- Increases and speeds up healing
- Increases weight loss
- Burns fat
- Builds lean muscle
- Improves appearance
- Regenerates collagen
- Enhances sleep quality
- Sharpens memory and cognitive function
What You Need to Know About Peptide Therapy for Weight Loss
1. It can make your workouts even better
Using peptide therapy to improve and enhance physical performance and energy can lead to increased weight loss. That’s because the more efficient your workouts become from increased stamina, the more you’ll be able to get out of them to maximize their results. Peptide therapy can help you work out longer, harder, and stronger. Most peptides are injected by patients at home using a tiny insulin syringe
Peptide therapy for weight loss is often recommended alongside a healthy diet and regular exercise. While peptides may assist in specific physiological processes, they are not meant to replace the importance of a balanced lifestyle for achieving and maintaining weight loss. The treatment can also increase muscle mass, leading to less body fat, a stronger immune system, improved energy levels, and reduced stress levels. Since muscle burns more calories than fat, increased muscle mass can rev up your metabolism to help you maintain a healthy weight.
2. The results take time.
Every patient undergoing peptide therapy for weight loss is different, but one thing that is the same is that you’ll need to be patient to see the results. On average, the first signs of improvement are seen within a few weeks. Peptide therapy is not a quick fix. While the treatment can aid in weight loss and make it easier to shed those stubborn pounds, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to longer to start to see a noticeable difference. Some people see a difference in how their bodies look and feel a few weeks after beginning peptide therapy treatment, while others find it takes a few months to notice the desired effects. It’s important to know that the treatment has a “loading” period of 3-6 months before full results are seen.
3. Not all peptides are geared toward weight loss.
With about 7,000-plus different peptides within the human body, each is responsible for facilitating a different response and action within the body. Depending on the peptides used, you may see improvement in weight loss, which is why it’s vital to seek treatment with a qualified expert who can prescribe the right combination of peptides to help you achieve the desired weight loss results. Some of the more commonly used peptides for weight loss purposes include:
- EPITHALON PEPTIDE: This peptide helps regulate metabolism, increase the sensitivity of the hypothalamus to its natural hormonal influences, normalize the function of the anterior pituitary, and regulate the levels of gonadotropins and melatonin in the body. Epithalamion increases a person’s resistance to emotional stress and acts as an antioxidant.
- CJC 1295 + IPAMORELIN PEPTIDE: You can expect fat loss, increased lean muscle mass, better lipid profiles, better deep-wave sleep, and improved repair and recovery.
- IGF-1 PEPTIDE: Lower IGF-1 and growth hormones are often associated with excess body fat. IGF-1 can reverse insulin sensitivity, reducing weight and increasing metabolic expenditure. IGF-1 plays an essential role in childhood growth and continues to have anabolic effects in adults.
- AOD 9604 PEPTIDE: This peptide has fat-reducing effects. It’s also believed to positively affect bone and cartilage and other regenerative properties associated with the growth hormone.
While weight loss is one of the main advantages of peptide therapy, other benefits include:
- Immune system support
- Kills microbes
- Prevents oxidative stress
- It helps lower blood pressure
- Prevents blood clot formation
4. Peptide therapy can improve human growth hormone production.
With age, the body’s production of human growth hormone decreases. Growth hormone is an important hormone to help regulate weight gain and loss and overall body composition because it plays an essential role in many different aspects of health and well-being, including:
- Weight management
- Pain management
- Overall health and wellness
- Age management
- Management of chronic illness symptoms
5. Peptides are naturally found in the body, but for weight loss therapy, synthetic ones are used.
The body naturally produces peptides found in every cell and tissue to carry out specific functions throughout the body. Some essential functions peptides are responsible for are regulating metabolism and hormones, which are critical for healthy weight loss. Since peptide therapy stimulates the production of growth hormones, they can help build lean muscle to aid in weight loss, primarily when used with exercise and a proper diet.
With an increase in growth factor, peptide therapy can help shed abdominal fat and lower body fat percentages while increasing muscle mass, strength, and muscle performance, helping to transform your body and increase your energy levels.